Thursday, 17 May 2007

Cineworld Ilford Movie Experience

Hi.

For those of you who are thinking of going to the cinema by yourself or with a friend or family
in Ilford, there are a few things I want to share with you before you go.

First of all, before you go inside the cinema you will notice the yobs or hoodies hanging
outside the area smoking pot literally everyday of the week. On weekends it gets even worse with a nightclub next door where there are several fights ,and there have even been murders committed there...

If you plan to come with a child, I would plan things so the movie don't end to late and their may be a big fight going on outside with knifes and god knows what outside. If I would go at all, I would go in the afternoon if I absolutely had to go. Thank god there are options, so you can choose where you spend your money.

Now the experience itself.

At the ticket counters, things run ok, with occasional arguments at times. One argument people have over there is the issues with child being free or not. When I went there with my child, they asked how old he was, and I said two. They said fine, and I went without any issues for 2 months until suddenly one day they decided to implement a policy of any child under 2 had to pay a child ticket. I said I wanted to buy an unlimited card which entitles the card holder to unlimited viewing for one year. They instructed me to go to Cineworld West India Quay. Over there they said he was too young for a ticket or unlimited card!! I went back to Ilford and communicated the fact to them, and they refused to believe me and refused to let my child in unless I paid for him..I outright refused, and I said it was there company who had given me these information and I had to wait for 3 hours before I could talk to the ticket staff selling the unlimited card!

The management in Ilford Cineworld said that they didn't care!! It was my problem...!
I asked to see where it said in writing that a child under 2 was liable to pay..
They were unable to come up with anything in writing, and they said it was their policy and they didn't need to have it in writing...I told them that everything else was printed out and clear, why not the definition of the child. The manager then gave me the current leaflet where it said child under 15 need to pay...! I told her, I thought you said under 2 was free...???!!!
She didn't have an answer.

Now I tested this a week later, and I went with my child again to see a movie and the people at the ticket counter asked how old he was, and I said 2, they said fine he don't need a ticket!!
Then at the other checkpoint before you enter the movie and they tear your ticket, I had the question asked again, and there were no issues or problem...What a joke!!!

The management is so incompetent that they can't even produce anything concrete in writing regarding their policies and they can't communicate something as simple as a policy to their own staff, so you get different answers and prices depending on who happens to be there on that day.

Further, when you are inside I have had 3 occasions where there were people smoking pot inside the screen!! How is that for experience huh!
Then you have the mobile phones going off every 5 minutes or so...
Not only that, 80% of the people take the calls and speak like they are in a football match..
You can't hear very much of the so called movie experience until finally someone tell them that to keep it quiet which lasts until he next phone call and then the process starts again..

On 1 occasion a fight broke out and 1 person in particular was going to stab the other one because he told him to keep quiet and not talk during the movie....!! They had to bring a security guard in to break them both off, or it would had been real blood....

Oh by the way the security guards are a joke themselves...They come in and look at the people sitting there, and it goes dead quiet and you don't hear a peep and no mobile phone...
As soon as they leave, the show is on again...


So when you visit Cineworld Ilford, what exactly do you get....??

First of all you will never know the price of the ticket of a child, because that depends on who happens to be working that day....

Secondly, you will have people smoking pot at some occasions...

Thirdly you will hear mobiles phone and peoples conversations throughout the movie..
I have during my experience never sat through a movie in Ilford where there was no mobile or phone conversation going on...In contrast to Cineworld West India Quay where I have heard 1 mobile go off in 1/10 films...In Ilford its a guaranteed 10/10...

Fourthly, if you take a stand against these people and tell them to be quiet, you will be verbally abused and you might even get death threats with their accomplices waiting outside...
I was witness to such an incident myself one Friday night where a fight was about to break out...
But fortunately there was a lot of police presence outside the cinema and nothing happened..

In summary: How would I rate this cinema from 1-10..

In my experience, which is extensive( I have been to cinemas all over the country and a lot countries in the world) this has to be one of the worst one I have ever come across...
I will without a doubt rate this cinema 1/10....

Money is one issue. But your personal security is of paramount importance for us all I believe.
And you are putting yourself on the line if you tell people to be quiet. You are the only one
who is going to do it, because most people there don't want to get involved...

So make sure you know what you potentially might get yourself into before confronting people in Ilford Cineworld...

I hope this report will guide you a better understanding on what goes on in Cineworld Ilford for yourself, friends and family...

At least now you will know what to expect...
At the end of the day, its your choice how you spend your time and money...

But don't say I didn't warn you...!

No comments: